Skip to the content
Scrum managing the sprint and product backlogs best practices
- The product backlog and sprint backlog seperate must be managed seperately to ensure you can plan, efficiently estimate ,and forecase your sprints.
- Stimulate teammembers and stakeholders to verify all outcomes and results and provide feedback as applicable by making all scrum related documentation available and accessible.
- Use task prioritization techniques in the product backlog to identify priorities and key features.
- Always use unique IDs to identify each unique user story or items in the backlog. This will make it easy to keep track of tasks and stories no matter how you call them.
- Use Excel as tool to create your backlog and prioritize and reprioritize the tasks quickly and easily.
- Use a Scrum board to create visibility of each sprint.
- Reprioritize your Product Backlog each time you add to it. It will save you trouble in the long-run
- A sprint backlog must be centered around one specific goal.
- Be as specific as possible with each part of your Sprint and product backlogs stories.